Jeff Bezos’ Ex-Wife MacKenzie Donated $1.7 BILLION To Charity; Here’s What It Can Buy
Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos’ net worth now dwarfs the entire market cap of McDonald’s, Nike, and other major corporations.
Speaking of MacKenzie Scott, earlier this year she dumped $369 million in Amazon stock, vowed that after she was awarded $37 billion in her divorce from Bezos would donate half of it to charity, is off to a good start with that pledge.
“Last year I pledged to give the majority of my wealth back to the society that helped generate it, to do it thoughtfully, to get started soon, and to keep at it until the safe is empty,” she wrote in a blog post on Medium. “There’s no question in my mind that anyone’s personal wealth is the product of a collective effort, and of social structures which present opportunities to some people, and obstacles to countless others.”
Scott also listed the charitable causes she has already donating an eye-popping $1.7 BILLION to, and they include…
• Racial Equity: $586,700,000
• LGBTQ+ Equity: $46,000,000
• Gender Equity: $133,000,000
• Economic Mobility: $399,500,000
• Empathy & Bridging Divides: $55,000,000
• Functional Democracy: $72,000,000
• Public Health: $128,300,000
• Global Development: $130,000,000
• Climate Change: $125,000,000
Fantastic causes all.
But… that $1.7 BILLION could also have been used for other great needs, such as buying…
• 2,615,384 4K televisions
• 2,242,744 iPhones
• 11,258,278 tickets to NFL games
• 17,603,810 tickets to NBA games
• 51,530,766 tickets to MLB games
• 2,043,269 flights from America to Europe
• 5,915 Lamborghini Huracan EVO Spyders
• 34,006 Teslas
• 672,202,451 gallons of gas
• 52,339,901 very good bottles of wine
• 184,983,677 pounds of sirloin steak
• 6,854 really nice new houses
• 34,000 in-ground pools
• 65,38,461 pairs of Air Jordan 11 sneakers
• 35,174,839 rounds of golf
(all figures approximated)
Like I said, good causes all.