The self-isolating world was stunned last week to find out that none other than Doc Antle of Tiger King fame (infamy?) was on stage, with a tiger, during Britney Spears’ iconic MTV Video Music Awards performance of “I’m a Slave 4 U.”
This revelation about Antle working with Spears certainly had Britney fans shook.
Antle was also apparently shook with how he was portrayed in the popular Netflix documentary, writing an Instagram post defending himself and calling the series, among other things, a “sensationalized entertainment with paid participants.”
A few days ago, Antle was interviewed by Entertainment Tonight and discussed Tiger King and his time working with Britney Spears.
“She was such a darling, totally just a fanatic person wanting a perfect performance,” Antle told Lauren Zima. “We were there for several days rehearsing so that the tigers would be relaxed and happy to be out there and that everything could be smooth and taken care of as best as possible. She was there rehearsing and working — just the hardest working, sweetest young girl, out there making all the pieces click together.”
When asked what was going through his mind during Spears’ performance, Antle replied, “I have total confidence in that tiger. I knew him since he was a baby. He’s about seven years old right there [and at the] peak of his game. A super macho, aggressive male tiger. That’s the tiger that you go somewhere like that with because he cares less about the fireworks, the gas explosions, the banging music. He’s totally concerned with just holding his own and being cool.”
“He’d always met women in his life — because there’s so many women trainers that raised him from a cub and hung out with him — so he just thought Britney was one more friend,” Antle continued. “She petted him and was hugging on him and hanging out there with him.”
He also added, “It was all a grand time,” and invited Spears to visit his park.
“Brit knows who we are and where we are,” said Antle.
More Tiger King!
• Legendary Wrestling Announcer Jim Ross Had One Of The Best Takes On Fellow Oklahoman Joe Exotic
• Donald Trump Jr. Gets Hilariously Mocked For Comparing His Dad To Convicted Felon Joe Exotic
• Granddaughter Of Carole Baskin’s Missing Husband Posts TikTok Thanking Joe Exotic For Trying To Kill Her
• Sheriff Says He’s Getting 6 Tips A Day About Carole Baskin’s Missing Husband, Says She Refused A Polygraph
• Carole Baskin’s Boyfriend After Her Husband Disappeared Also Filed For A Chilling Restraining Order Against Her
• Power Ranking The 8 Worst People To Appear In The Netflix Documentary ‘Tiger King’
• Shaq Denies Being Friends With Joe Exotic, Facetimed Jeff Lowe Following The Release Of ‘Tiger King’
• ‘Tiger King’ Inspires Cops To Take Another Look Into The Disappearance Of Carole Baskin’s Husband
• Kate McKinnon Set To Play Carole Baskin In New Series Based On Story From Netflix Documentary ‘Tiger King’