Back in April, we brought you the story of Olivia Wilde actress and director being served custody papers from her ex-husband Jason Sudeikis while on stage at CinemaCon in Las Vegas presenting her upcoming film Don’t Worry Darling.
Addressing the incident during a recent interview with Variety, Wilde said that the incident — which she considers to be an attack — was “scary” and “really upsetting.”
Olivia Wilde addresses being served custody papers while presenting on stage at CinemaCon earlier this year
“It was my workplace. In any other workplace, it would be seen as an attack. It was really upsetting. It shouldn’t have been able to happen. There was a huge breach in security, which is really scary,” Wilde told Variety. “I hated that this nastiness distracted from the work of so many different people and the studio that I was up there representing. To try to sabotage that was really vicious. But I had a job to do; I’m not easily distracted.”
“The hurdles that you had to jump through to get into that room with several badges, plus special COVID tests that had to be taken days in advance, which gave you wristbands that were necessary to gain access to the event — this was something that required forethought,” she continued. [via Variety]
Furthermore, while it was reported at the time that Jason Sudeikis was unaware of when and where the papers would be served, Wilde seemed to imply that she still holds him at least partially responsible:
“But, you know, sadly, it was not something that was entirely surprising to me. I mean, there’s a reason I left that relationship,” Wilde said.
Wilde’s next film Don’t Worry Darling, which stars Florence Pugh, Harry Styles, Chris Pine, Gemma Chan, Nick Kroll, and Wilde, will hit theaters in the United States on Friday, September 23. The film is Wilde’s second directorial effort following 2019’s critically-acclaimed coming-of-age comedy Booksmart.
Want more from BroBible? Follow us on Google News.