With Father’s Day almost upon us (you did get him a good gift, right?), have you ever wondered how different the dating experience is for single dads versus regular single guys? Is being a single dad a drawback or a plus when it comes to succeeding in the dating game?
To find out the answer to those questions and see what the dating landscape is really like for single dads, online dating platform Zoosk surveyed 3,051 single women and analyzed 301,242 messages. Here’s some of the key information they uncovered…
1. Single dads are very hot right now. A whopping 92% of single ladies are open to dating single dads, with 55% being “very open” to the idea. This is a notable increase from 2016, when only 83% of single women surveyed said they were likely to date a single father.
The things women said they like most about single dads are…
• He knows he’s no longer the center of the universe – 26%
• He’s more caring – 15%
• He’s more patient – 9%
• He’s more responsible – 41%
• He’s more thoughtful – 9%
2. Six-packs are out. 86% of women are totally okay with the “dad bod,” with nearly a quarter (24%) finding them attractive. In fact, if you include the term “dad bod” in a message, daters are 41% more likely to respond.
3. Dad jokes are in. More than half (55%) of women think that dad jokes are a great way to break the ice. Millennial women find them even funnier, with 66% saying they enjoy dad joke-type pickup lines.
4. Asking dad’s permission is still popular. Most women still find it romantic and sweet when a man asks her father for her hand in marriage. 61% of them said they liked the gesture.
5. Many women will still date someone their dad doesn’t approve of. Women appreciate and love their dads, but only 44% said they seek their approval when it comes to who they date.
So, there you go, single dad bros. Some of the same things that make you a great dad also happen to make you a great catch. Good luck out there. Oh, and happy Father’s Day.