It’s beginning the feel like Mutually Assured Destruction is the only way out of the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard crapstorm, literally.
In November, Depp lost his libel case against the publisher of Britain’s The Sun newspaper, who in an editorial claimed that he was a reckless and abusive husband to ex-Amber Heard. Judge Andrew Nicol said in his judgment that the paper’s claims had been shown to be “substantially true,” addressing each of the 14 incidents individually, which include:
- Depp reportedly slapped Heard three times when she mocked his cheesy Winona Ryder tattoo.
- Depp was accused of attacking Heard in a cocaine and alcohol-fueled rage while aboard a plane and accusing her of cheating on him with “rapist” James Franco.
- In a text conversation between Depp and friend and actor Paul Bettany, the Pirates actor joked about “setting Amber Heard on fire and ‘f***ing her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she’s dead.’”
- In 2016 text messages to talent agent and Lady Gaga’s ex-fiance Christian Carino, Depp referred to his now ex-wife as a “gold digger” and a “50 cent stripper” who sucked Elon Musk’s “crooked d–k.”
- Heard alleged that Depp would consistently puke and crap his pants during benders, sometimes passing out on the toilet.
- Heard claimed that Depp lobbed 30 bottles of alcohol at her “like grenades” during an altercation.
Depp spent millions to clear his name and failed, but it back yet again taking another bite at the bad apple in an attempt to appeal the ruling.
In January, Depp accused Heard of pocketing the $7 million divorce settlement she pledged to donate the cash to the American Civil Liberties Union and the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, an allegation that was reportedly confirmed this week in court, according to Page Six.
But sources close to Depp’s team told us this week: “The judge thought she was this wonderful human being standing up for mankind,” because of her supposed generosity, “but she was lying out of her ass [about the donations].”
At a hearing in London on Thursday to decide whether Depp can appeal, his lawyer called the claim about donating the money “calculated and manipulative lie.”
Lawyers for The Sun claim Heard made “a number of payments already” and is not done donating.
Also exposed in court this week was an vitriolic text Depp sent to a friend at the time saying:
“No Way she’ll give a dime to anyone!!! Thank f–k she’s gone!!! Makes me sick to think of how hard I tried to make it work … Now … Honestly, I wouldn’t touch that f–ing whore with a Hazmat suit on!!! What scum. I f–ing hate her!!!”
And here I was thinking the Elon Musk crooked hog comment was aggressive. Can someone tell Johnny Depp that he’s rich and even if he’s a giant scumbag, Hollywood will keep giving him roles because it is a soulless entity motivated entirely by money? How much more will we have to endure?