The recent surge in the number of verified UFO sightings by not only private citizens, but also the United States government, has Americans asking even more questions than they were before.
Over the past month, there have been Navy witnesses coming forth with stories of unusual UFO behavior.
We’ve also been able to view never before seen footage of a UFO flying along beside a US spy plane.
Mysterious crafts have been filmed or photographed with terms like “non-human origin,” “mutate,” “cloaked” and “alien” being used to describe them.
Air traffic control audio of recent UFO sightings by multiple aircraft has even been released by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Now, with the United States government confirming that our military actually shot down not one, but four different UFOs over the past week, people are looking for some answers.
On Tuesday, National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby tried to provide some answers, but failed to explain a few of the biggest questions.
Why are we suddenly having so many government confirmed UFO sightings? How did the first shot fired at the UFO over Lake Huron miss? Where did that missile end up landing? And why hasn’t the government been able to locate and recover the UFO debris after shooting them down?
“The truth is that we haven’t been able to gain access to the objects that were shot down Friday, Saturday and yesterday because of the weather conditions,” Kirby told MSNBC.
Kirby added, “These unidentified aerial phenomena have been reported for many years, without explanation or deep examination by the government. We are finally trying to understand them better.”
The first question of why we are having so many UFO sightings now may have been answered by Melissa Dalton, the assistant secretary of defense for Homeland Defense and Hemispheric Affairs, on Sunday.
“We have been more closely scrutinizing our airspace at these altitudes, including enhancing our radar, which may at least partly explain the increase in objects that we’ve detected over the past week,” she said.
Jack Weinstein, a professor of international security at Boston University and retired lieutenant general with the US Air Force, agreed, telling Live Science, “I think it all stems from the balloon. It appears to me that the military is just now figuring out how to track those items.”
As for the second, third, and fourth questions, answers are a bit more difficult to come by.
Perhaps the most head-scratching of those questions is how did an Air Force F-16 jet using Sidewinder heat-seeking missiles miss its taregt on the first shot over Lake Huron on Sunday?
So far no answer has been given that explains how a Sidewinder missile that tracks and takes down enemy aircraft failed to bring down… whatever was over Lake Huron.
Initially, an official that spoke to Fox News, said it wasn’t clear where the missile that missed ultimately landed.
Scoop: U.S. Air Force F-16 that shot down an unknown object over Lake Huron yesterday missed on its first attempt, U.S. officials say.
It’s not clear where the first missile landed. A second Sidewinder air-to-air missile was needed.
Each Sidewinder AIM-9X costs over $400,000.
— Lucas Tomlinson (@LucasFoxNews) February 13, 2023
None of the debris from the object has been found in the lake, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said Monday. The Defense Department, or DOD, said President Biden, just before 2:42 p.m., directed an F-16 to fire an AIM-9x missile to shoot down an airborne object flying at nearly 20,000 feet over Lake Huron.
On Tuesday, Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, claimed that the missile that failed to hit the target “landed harmlessly” in the water.
Gen. Mark Milley (@thejointstaff): "Yes, the first shot missed on the fourth balloon. We're talking about the balloon that was downed over Lake Huron…the first shot missed, the second shot hit." pic.twitter.com/Vb0XQOCwYy
— CSPAN (@cspan) February 14, 2023
“We’re very, very careful to make sure that those shots are in fact safe,” Milley said. “And that’s the guidance from the president. Shoot it down, but make sure we minimize collateral damage and we preserve the safety of the American people.”
Interestingly, at the time of the government’s briefing, officials still had not concluded with any certainty what the objects or their origins are, despite Milley calling the latest UFO a balloon.