Antonio Brown has had one helluva 2019 — and who knows what else might happen to the embattled wide receiver, who still has two weeks left in the year to continue to do absolutely insane things. Once one of the most dominant wideouts in the NFL, AB has really gone off the deep end since requesting a trade from the Pittsburgh Steelers in March. Since then, he’s been on two teams, with both releasing him, and has made more headlines for his tweets and strange behavior than anything he’s done on the football field.
Given all that attention, Antonio Brown at least has one title to his credit: He’s the most-searched person on Google in 2019. But, really, is anyone surprised by that?
To refresh your memory, here’s an example of the wild things that happened to Brown in just one month of his life during the past year. When you look at these things, we probably should’ve seen the writing on the wall — something was really messed up with the guy.
- Showed up to training camp in a hot air balloon
- Suffered from frostbitten feet after not wearing proper footwear in a cryotherapy machine
- Threatened to sit out games if he was banned from wearing his preferred, outdated helmet
- Filed (and lost) a grievance against the NFL over said preferred, outdated helmet
- Skipped practice over — you guessed it — the helmet
- Filed and lost a second grievance against the NFL over his helmet
- Publicly bashed the Raiders over $50,000 he owed the team in fines
- Unfollowed the team and quarterback Derek Carr on Instagram
- Called general manager Mike Mayock a “cracker”
- Asked to be released and, shortly thereafter, was cut from the team
Guys, that’s more drama than a regular person has in a year, and Antonio Brown experienced it all in 30 days. Oh, and lest we forget all the wild shit that’s happened to him in the months since, with the wideout signing with the New England Patriots for 12 days, being released, going in on the team’s owner, Robert Kraft, and then being accused of sexual assault by a number of different women — which he’s still waiting to hear punishment for following an investigation. Yep, it really was the year of Antonio Brown; just not in the way many of us could’ve guessed it would be 12 months ago.
As for the rest of the list of the most-searched people on Google in 2019, here are the other folks who made the cut — which included Kraft himself, who, you know, had that whole massage parlor thing happen in January of this year, which seems like child’s play when compared to Antonio Brown’s antics.
- Antonio Brown
- Jussie Smollett
- James Charles
- Kevin Hart
- R. Kelly
- 21 Savage
- Lori Loughlin
- Jordyn Woods
- Bryce Harper
- Robert Kraft
Who knows what in the hell is wrong with Antonio Brown? But, if he was looking for attention while being out of the NFL all season long, he sure as shit got it. Now let’s just hope he gets some help, ’cause the dude has absolutely been trippin’ all year.