This week on We Run This, we’re joined by Naya Tapper.
After earning All-American track and field honors in high school, Naya started her rugby career at UNC Chapel Hill. As a professional, Naya is the All-Time leading try scorer for USA Women’s Eagles.
Naya’s infectious personality and honesty have made her the face of USA Women’s Rugby.
In this episode, Naya and Chris talk on her recovery day about her years as a high school runner, her transition from track star to rugby star, her approach to training and running even on the days she doesn’t want to get out of bed, and the public’s misconceptions about women’s rugby.
Also, I sing to her. So there’s that.
Subscribe and listen to all the episodes here:
Watch the entire episode on YouTube!
We Run This is a podcast about running, made for athletes of all shapes and sizes.
- Episode #1: Why Do People Run So Much?
- Episode #2: Why Virtual Races Are Stupid
- Episode #3: These Are The Unwritten Rules Of Running
- Episode #4: Should You Run With A Mask On?
- Episode #5: The Most Ridiculous Running Records (So Far)
- Episode #6: How To Find The Motivation To Run When You Feel Like Crap
- Episode #7: Running In a Strange Place
- Episode #8: Weird Marathon Rules That Runners Have To Follow
- Episode #9: How To Fight Runner’s Fatigue & Signs Something Else Might Be Wrong
- Episode #10: Dietitian Explains The Dumb Eating Habits That Might Be Sabotaging Your Running
- Episode #11: Is Running Every Day Bad For You?
- Episode #12: Climber Will Gadd Discusses His Early Obsession With Mountain Running And Mentally Preparing For Any Challenge