Former Full House star Lori Loughlin is reportedly planning a big blow-out of a party to “let loose one last time” if she’s convicted in the “Varsity Blues” college bribery admissions scandal involving herself, her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, and her daughters Isabella Rose and Olivia Jade Giannulli.
Loughlin and Giannulli, who continue to express they believe they did nothing wrong by giving $500,000 to USC and having their daughters falsely pose as University of Southen California crew recruits, complete with fake resumes to “prove” it, “figure they may as well go out in style and have something nice to remember if and when those cell doors slam shut,” according to a well-placed source who spoke to RadarOnline.com.
“They’re saying it’s to thank their loved ones for sticking by them, but it’s really a pity party where they can drown their sorrows and let loose one last time,” said the source.
A rep for Loughlin denied to Radar that she is planning a party, but the source insists the actress is “spending tens of thousands on this, with live entertainment, plus the finest champagnes and gourmet food money can buy.”
“She seems to have given up and just wants to go down with a huge bang at this point,” they added.
Perhaps she can show all her friends and family the jail lingo and martial arts she’s learned.
As for the falsified USC crew resume with her daughter’s name on it that was released to the public earlier this week, a source close to Loughlin and her husband say the couple had nothing to do with it and claim to not even know it existed.
“They didn’t have anything to do with it. The handwritten part isn’t in any of their writing. They don’t even know enough about crew to know what awards are prestigious or not. They are not capable of falsifying a resume like that, because that’s not their world,” the source told People.
Loughlin’s lawyers claim the money she and Giannulli gave to USC were “legitimate donations” and “did not understand” that the payments would be used for a bribe. They also claim “the government hid critical evidence in their case.”
Loughlin, 55, and Giannulli, 56, face up to 50 years in a federal prison each on charges including conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery charges, money laundering, conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud.
• The Feds Just Released The Fake Crew Resume Lori Loughlin’s Daughter Allegedly Used To Get Into USC, Take A Look
• Lori Loughlin Claims Government Withheld Evidence, Meanwhile, Her Daughters Could Be ‘Star Witnesses’ At Trial
• USC Fires 3 High-Ranking Athletic Department Officials Allegedly Tied To The College Admissions Scandal
• REPORT: Lori Loughlin Hires Prison Coach To Teach Her Jail Lingo And Martial Arts
• Lori Loughlin Now Incredibly Claims The $500K She And Her Husband Gave To USC Were ‘Legitimate Donations’
• Olivia Jade Releases First Video Since Lori Loughlin’s Alleged College Cheating Scam Involvement, Becomes #1 On YouTube
• Former Federal Prosecutor Says There Is Evidence That Could Lead To Charges Against Lori Loughlin’s Daughters
• Lori Loughlin Reportedly ‘Feels Like She Is A Scapegoat’ After Feds Add Yet Another Charge To Her List Of Offenses
• Lori Loughlin Reportedly ‘Regrets’ Not Taking A Deal After Seeing Felicity Huffman’s Prison Sentence
• Lori Loughlin’s Daughter Still Not Taking Federal Charges Seriously, Is Back On Instagram Giving The Double Bird To The Media
• Lori Loughlin And Her Husband Claim College Admissions Bribery Charges Against Them Are ‘Baseless Accusations’
• Reese Witherspoon’s Daughter Gets Endorsement Deal After They Drop Loughlin’s Daughter
• Lori Loughlin And Husband Might Get Sued By USC But Olivia Jade’s Parents Might Also Sue USC
• Olivia Jade Giannulli Partied Into The Night As Estranged Mother Lori Loughlin Prepares For Possible Prison Sentence
• USC Crew Recruiting Poster May Help Lori Loughlin Get A Not Guilty Verdict In College Admissions Scandal
• One Of Lori Loughlin’s Daughters Is Now Reportedly The Target Of A Federal Criminal Investigation
• Lori Loughlin Is Reportedly ‘Outraged’ By People Calling Her And Her Family ‘Cheaters’