If you think the Houston Astros have it bad now, getting heckled and hit by pitches in Spring Training, after being found guilty of cheating their way to the 2017 World Series title using illegal methods of sign-stealing, just wait until they get to the Bronx for their first game against the New York Yankees.
As you may recall, the 2017 American League Championship Series presented by Camping World (seriously, that’s what is was called) the Astros defeated the Yankees 4 games to 3 to move on and play the Los Angeles Dodgers in the World Series that Houston ended up winning, also 4 games to 3.
You may also recall that in the 2019 American League Championship Series presented by GEICO (again, that’s really what is was called – so MLB) the Astros again played the Yankees and won that series in six games when 2017 American League MVP* Jose Altuve hit a walk-off two-run home run off Aroldis Chapman.
The fallout from all of that has resulted in more than a little bad blood between the teams.
And that’s just the players… what do you think Yankee fans will be like, thinking they got robbed of two World Series appearances in the past three years?
One MLB scout is legitimately concerned for the Astros players’ safety, telling Jon Heyman, “I can’t imagine the first game Astros play in New York. You’re literally going to have to bring in riot teams, SWAT, etc. It is bad with 2,000 fans and three-quarters are 90+ years. Continuous booing, cheaters, every pitch something. No idea how these guys can block it out during season.”
He’s not wrong.
Remember, during the 2019 season, before any of this Astros cheating stuff was confirmed, Houston outfielder Josh Reddick, who has not been very smart this spring when it comes to shutting his mouth and just playing ball, was whining about how scary, dangerous, and disrespectful Yankees fans were, calling the situation “very unsafe.”
Reddick might want to suddenly come up with an injury when Houston goes to New York. Because you know what else will unsafe when the Astros play the Yankees?
Mark your calendars, folks. Astros vs. Yankees: May 15-17 in Houston, then September 21-23 in the Bronx.
• Red Sox Star J.D. Martinez Says Mike Fiers Warned Him About The Astros’ Cheating Before The 2018 ALCS
• Houston Astros File 26-Page Response To The First Of 7 Lawsuits: ‘Rule Infractions Will Occur During The Games’
• Astros Owner Jim Crane Sends Desperate-Sounding Letter To Season Ticket Holders Vowing To ‘Make Houston Proud Again’
• Astros Owner Jim Crane Actually Thought The Sign-Stealing Scandal Would ‘Blow Over’ By Spring Training: Report
• Astros Player When Asked How Things Are Going In Their Clubhouse Right Now: ‘It’s A (Bleeping) Mess’
• Alex Bregman Said In October His Favorite ‘Unwritten Rule’ Of Baseball Is Players Getting Drilled For ‘Stupid Stuff’
• Astros GM Admits Employees Tied To ‘Codebreaker’ Sign-Stealing Program Are Still Employed By The Team
• Mike Trout, Kris Bryant, Vlad Guerrero Jr. And More MLB Stars Make Bold Statements About Astros Scandal
• MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred Passes The Buck Explaining Why He Didn’t Strip Astros Of World Series Title
• Angels Pitcher Goes On Epic Rant That Perfectly Encapsulates How Bad This Season Is Going To Be For Astros Players
• Carlos Beltran Reportedly ‘Steamrolled’ Any Astros Players Who Disagreed With The Team’s Sign-Stealing Scheme
• New Catalog Featuring Astros’ Alex Bregman Is Getting Destroyed For The Ironic Slogan On The Cover
• Agent Scott Boras Incredibly Says Houston Astros Players Shouldn’t Apologize For Sign-Stealing Scandal
• Wondering Why Astros Players Weren’t Punished By MLB? They Reportedly ‘Didn’t Know They Were In The Wrong’
• Former A’s Teammate Says Mike Fiers Told MLB Astros Began Cheating In 2014, Continued Into 2019
• 1993 Cy Young Winner Jack McDowell Says Tony LaRussa Stole Signs Using A Camera With The White Sox In The 1980s
• ESPN’s Jessica Mendoza Is Getting Dragged For Her Horrible Take That Mike Fiers Shouldn’t Have Outed The Astros
• Pete Rose Goes On Rant About Why The Astros’ Cheating Is Way Worse Than Him Betting On Baseball Games
• Mike Clevinger Puts Astros Pitcher Lance McCullers In A Body Bag After He Tries To Clap Back About Cheating