Liquid Ocean Beneath Pluto’s Icy Surface Could Be Home To Alien Life, According To New Research
Because of how far away it is from the sun, scientists have long thought that the planet Pluto has always been basically a frozen ball of ice.
“For a long time people have thought about the thermal evolution of Pluto and the ability of an ocean to survive to the present day,” said co-author Francis Nimmo, professor of Earth and planetary sciences at UC Santa Cruz. “Now that we have images of Pluto’s surface from NASA’s New Horizons mission, we can compare what we see with the predictions of different thermal evolution models.”
What they now believe is that Pluto may have been super hot when it was first formed and that there could actually be liquid oceans hosting alien life underneath its 37-mile deep icy exterior.
“If it started cold and the ice melted internally, Pluto would have contracted and we should see compression features on its surface, whereas if it started hot it should have expanded as the ocean froze and we should see extension features on the surface,” said the study’s first author, UCSC graduate student Carver Bierson. “We see lots of evidence of expansion, but we don’t see any evidence of compression, so the observations are more consistent with Pluto starting with a liquid ocean.”
NASA time-lapse image of Pluto’s development through the years.
The reasons they believe there is potentially a liquid ocean underneath the icy surface would be due to (1) “heat released by the decay of radioactive elements” in the core of Pluto and (2) “gravitational energy released as new material bombarded the surface of the growing protoplanet.”
In the image below we see extensional faults (highlighted with arrows) on the surface of Pluto which indicate expansion of the dwarf planet’s icy crust, which are attributed to the freezing of a subsurface ocean.
“How Pluto was put together in the first place matters a lot for its thermal evolution,” Nimmo said. “If it builds up too slowly, the hot material at the surface radiates energy into space, but if it builds up fast enough the heat gets trapped inside.”
The researchers calculated that if Pluto formed over a period of less that 30,000 years, then it would have started out hot. If, instead, accretion took place over a few million years, a hot start would only be possible if large impactors buried their energy deep beneath the surface.
The new findings imply that other large Kuiper belt objects probably also started out hot and could have had early oceans. These oceans could persist to the present day in the largest objects, such as the dwarf planets Eris and Makemake.
“Even in this cold environment so far from the sun, all these worlds might have formed fast and hot, with liquid oceans,” Bierson said.
“By examining Pluto’s features today we can begin to understand its birth four and a half billion years ago,” Bierson added. “We are pretty sure water is one of the ingredients for life.”
Yes, yes it is.
Previous UFO and alien news and evidence…
• Security camera catches 3 UFOs entering underground ‘alien base’ in Puerto Rico
• ‘Alien city’ in NASA photo ‘100% proof of existence of aliens’ says expert
• UFO sighting on NASA live stream leads expert to claim a ‘100% alien’ object was monitoring Earth
• Study reveals 36 ‘active’ alien civilizations in our galaxy may be trying to contact Earth
• UFO expert discovers what he believes to be a pyramid with ‘magnificent detail’ buried on Mars
• U.S. space expert claims alien life forms may have previously existed on Earth
• Fleet of ‘firefly’ UFOs spotted on recent live feed of SpaceX Starlink satellite launch
• Tic-Tac UFO spotted passing by the International Space Station during NASA live stream
• Strange, unexplained white orb recorded hovering over top secret NORAD base in Colorado
• Expert believes he’s found ‘100% proof’ of ancient alien structures on the moon in Apollo 15 photos
• ‘Alien’ crafts spotted on NASA live stream ‘monitoring’ historic SpaceX launch
• NASA astronaut recalls fearing for his life after spotting ‘five bright lights’ while on a spacewalk
• Fleet of UFOs spotted underwater off the coast of Greece on Google Earth by expert alien hunter
• Did this ‘alien’ craft spotted over Australia get misidentified as space debris? Expert says it did
• ‘Cloaked’ UFO caught on video by infared security camera before disappearing into the California sky
• ‘Ancient alien city’ discovered on Mercury in NASA mission image: ‘100% proof of life’ says expert
• The U.S. Navy has finally released eight new UFO incident reports submitted by pilots
• ‘Alien base entrance’ discovered on island in Indonesia in Google Earth image by UFO expert
• UFO expert puts forth ‘absolute proof’ aliens were monitoring NASA’s Apollo 7 mission in 1968
• Former NASA Director warns the next killer supervirus could be alien in nature
• UFO entering a ‘secret alien base’ in Oregon’s Mount Hood caught on video by airplane pilot
• ‘Thousands of mushrooms’ and an ‘alien life form’ spotted on Mars in NASA rover pics
• UFO caught on camera in deep space near the sun in images from NASA’s SOHO satellite
• Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid admits Congress used a ‘black budget’ for studying UFOs
• Japan now suddenly planning to ‘establish procedures’ for handling UFO encounters due to Pentagon videos
• Fleet of UFOs passing by the moon caught on camera in image from NASA’s Apollo 9 mission, says expert
• Alien base and pyramids discovered in Mars Curiosity Rover photo: ‘NASA kept it a secret’ says expert
• UFO expert says he has ‘100% indisputable proof’ alien cities exist on the Earth’s moon
• UFO spotted on NASA live stream as cylindrical craft ‘uncloaks’ near International Space Station
• UFO spotted exiting a Mexican volcano is ‘100 percent proof’ of alien existence on Earth
• Three different UFO sightings reported in three different cities in the same night sparks speculation
• Former French Director of Intelligence says he believes UFOs may come from parallel worlds
• UFO expert believes he has found evidence of alien life on Mars in image ‘deleted by NASA’
• UFO spotted on NASA live stream video outside the International Space Station is ‘absolutely real’